Bee Pollen Banana Berry Smoothie
1 handful of baby spinach washed
Half of a banana
Handful of blueberries
Handful of strawberries
Splash of almond milk
Tsp of hemp seeds
Tsp of bee pollen (optional)
Tbsp of Greek plain natural yoghurt (optional)
Blend all the ingredients together for 1 min and serve in a a glass, garnish with bee pollen.
Suitable for veggies, gluten free vegan only if you remove the bee pollen and yoghurt
Smoothies can produce a lot of natural sugar (fructose) from the fruit quickly into the bloodstream therefore I would not recommend drinking smoothies more than once a week.
A tasty, healthy guilt free dessert! Perfect for dinner with friends, coffee or a post ride treat.
The base is filled with lots of yummy foods with lots of health properties. Almonds are bursting with vitamin E, calcium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium. They a great for boosting energy, prevention of osteoporosis, improving skin complexion and strengthening the immune system.
NUT ALLERGIES STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS DESSERT – NUTS EVERYWHERE
Prep Time: 20 mins
Freezing Time: 2 hours
- 150g Whole Almonds
- 150g Pecans
- 50g Oats
- 3-4 tbsp organic unsweetned cocoa powder
- 100g Dates
- 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 400g Tin of Coconut Milk
- 100g of Dates
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon and lemon rind
- Handful of strawberries for outer edges for decoration
- Seasonal fruits for extra garnish (optional)
- Blend the almonds, pecans, oats, cocoa powder, dates, coconut oil in a food processor until ground down. It doesn’t have to be too fine, if there are still chunks of nuts left this is fine as you don’t want it to be too fine or else it won’t bind and set.
- Pour all the ingredients into a cake ring tin on a tray and push down until even and forms a smooth base.
- Wash and cut a handful of strawberries in half. Push the strawberry halves so they go around the outside of the cake ring.
- Blend the coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon rind,dates and coconut oil if you wish to use it and blend until it thickens. Taste to see if it is sweet enough, if you want to make it sweeter add a few more dates in or add a banana which will also thicken the mixture up.
- Once thick enough pour into cake ring evenly.
- Put in the freezer for 2 hours. Once it has set remove and leave at room temperature until is thawed through. You can add more seasonal fruits on top if you wish for garnish and then serve.
Cocoa powder- Just 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder contains 3 to 9 percent of the recommended daily intake of iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc. It helps the production of lots of feel good chemicals in the brain mainly dopamine and serotonin, resulting in cocoa containing mood-elevating properties and anti depressant properties.
Ideal for Breakfast, Snack or a Nourishing after Dinner Treat.
3-4 tbsps Chia Seeds
Half a cup of unsweetened almond milk (you can use soy, rice, hemp or cashew milk if you prefer)
1 tsp Organic hemp seeds
1tsp of Organic bee pollen (if your not vegan)
Handful of blueberries
Handful of pecan nuts
Handful of pistachios
Honey/Organic maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl and add the almond milk, stir until it forms thick almost like gelatin texture. Once it has reached this add in your honey or maple syrup to sweeten if you wish.Add your toppings.
- These toppings can be switched for other tasty nuts, fruits and seeds other than the ones suggested here.
Note: Chia seeds may be small but they are packed with fibre they have 10 grams of fibre in 2 tbsps! They are also full of anti-oxidants that protect our bodies from ageing and cancer.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan (if you do not use organic bee pollen), raw food.
If you make too much this stays well in the fridge, so you can have it for breakfast the next day!
Quick, Easy & Tasty!
I love smoothies but I also try not to drink too much dairy!
So left with a bit of a dilemma I came up with a breakfast smoothie that didn’t have any diary or any added sugar!
I use a blend active to make this drink! It is cheap and convenient, simply add the ingredients to the drinking bottle and Blend! Take off the screw on blender contraption and replace with the drinking bottle top and you are good to go
2 – Bananas
300 ml – Almond Milk
50g – Cashews
1 tbsp – Almond Butter
- Soak the cashews over night in a glass of water. (this is to soften the nuts)
- In the morning drain the cashews, Add the Banana, Almond Milk, Cashew’s then Almond Butter to the blender (Ensure in this order)
- Blend the mixture for a minute and ensure the cashews are blended down!
- Blend for longer if whole bit of cashew or banana are still visible!
- Screw on the lid and you’re good to go!
- Drink should be kept refrigerated if not all consumed at once!
A delicious healthy breakfast that just works!!
Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle but still craving something delicious? Then these sweet potato pancakes are the one for you!
We paired our pancakes up with maple syrup & banana to make it extra sweet but add any topping of your choice!
Sweet Potato Pancakes
120g of cooked mashed sweet potato
2 medium free range eggs
32g of rice flour (any kind of flour can be used)
1/8 tsp baking powder
2 tsp of honey
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/16 tsp salt
50ml of Almond Milk
2 tsp of coconut oil (for cooking)
- Cook the sweet potato, once cooked enough mash and leave to cool.
- Once the potato has cooled add the flour and the beaten eggs
- Then add all other ingredients, and mix well.
- Add more milk if you feel the mixture is too thick
- Then cook the pancakes as you normally would, (they won’t bubble like normal pancakes to let you know they are ready so ensure that they are cooked thoroughly before serving)!
We served our pancakes with maple syrup & banana’s with a almond milk latte on the side!
Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
KEY FACT : Maple Syrup Contains at Least 24 Different Antioxidants
We love cake here at MTB Girls Ride, who doesn’t? But that guilty feeling after a great big slab of cake does certainly know how to put a dampener on our cake eating!
So we have made it our mission to keep finding delicious recipes that won’t leave you feeling mega guilty.
This gluten free apple & almond cake is our new favorite pre & post ride snack.
Apple & Almond Gluten Free Cake
3 sharp eating apples peeled, cored and chopped ( we used Granny Smiths)
1 Lemon, juice only
200g golden caster sugar
8 medium free-range eggs
325g ground almonds
½ tsp almond extract
65g flaked Almonds
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees, grease the baking tray of your choice (we used a rectangular baking tray), make sure its a deep one.
- Place the peeled apple in a pan with the lemon juice cover and leave to simmer for 7 minutes, check to see if the apples are soft enough to mash if not leave on the heat for another few minutes, if they are soft enough mash with a fork.
- Leave the apple puree to cool.
- Once apples have cooled put the apple purée, eggs, ground almonds, almond essence, remaining caster sugar and approximately one tablespoon of the remaining lemon juice into a food processor and blend together.
- Once blended put mixture into baking tray and sprinkle almond flakes over and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes but check after 30 if cake is browning to quickly then cover with foil or baking paper.
- Once you take the cake out the oven leave to cool, cake is delicious served warm or cold.
Why Not Served It With A Almond Milk Latte Too!
125g of Plain Gluten Free Flour
250ml of Almond Milk
30g of Coconut Oil (for ftying)
1 Tbsp of Coco Powder
We served our crepes with honey, banana, strawberries & flaked almonds
- Make a well in the flour and crack the egg in & then whisk.
- Add the almond milk in gradually, whisking as adding.
- Once a thin consistency has been reached add the coco powder & whisk again, add more almond milk if required.
- Fry coconut oil in non-stick frying pan, once heated enough evenly spread mixture around frying pan cook each crepe for around 2/3 minutes on each side (times vary depending on the heat it is cooked at)
- Then serve with your choice of topping!
PEREFECT APRES RIDING DINNER
Pesto Rosso Courgetti Stir-Fry
1 Chicken Breast
150g Courgette Shredded (Courgetti)
1/4 of a Yellow Pepper
5g of Fresh Chilli Diced
1 heaped Tbsp of Pesto Rosso
1 Tsp of Olive Oil
- Oven cook the chicken until it is cooked right through (cook in tin foilto avoid drying out)
- At the oil to a wok and heat, once oil is heated at the chilli & the pepper.
- Cook Chilli & pepper for 1 minute
- Then add the courghetti, cook for a further 3 minutes
- Next add the cooked chicken straight from the oven ( dice the chicken to make it easier to eat)
- Make sure all the contents in the wok are well mixed then add the Pesto Rosso.
- Leave cooking in the wok for a further 5 minutes then Serves
Well why not try this raw chocolate cake! This deliciously rich chocolate cake will meet all your chocolate craving with half the sugar and fat of your standard chocolate cake,
250g of Peanut Butter
250g of Dates
2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
2 tbsp of Honey
5 tbsp of Coco Powder
150g of Crushed Hazel Nuts
Add 50ml of almond milk if you think the mixture is to stiff.
This is the easiest part put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until all ingredients are blended, if you think the mixture is too thick add the almond milk gradually. Put all the mixture into a cake tin, evenly spread, put into the freezer for an house then put into the fridge and serves accordinly! Cake should be kept refrigerated and eaten within 4 days.